Monday, July 16, 2018

"Square" Pancake Bake


Our family loves pancakes. However, with making pancakes for eight people, I grow super tired of standing over a hot griddle and flipping. Often times, my family is eating the pancakes in shifts or they are eating as I stand flipping the remaining pancakes.

With our my kids growing up so quickly, I take any family meal we can share together very seriously. The time and conversations we have are going to quickly fade into more activities and all too soon, college.

With all that in mind, my solution was this pancake bake. My son affectionately calls in the "Square" Pancake Bake.

I hope you enjoy it!


Square Pancake Bake


With our large family, I use a 15 x 18 baking dish. This is a very thick pancake. If you need less, you could always half the recipe and use a 9 x 13 baking dish. :)

* Line baking dish with parchment paper, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and distribute evenly over the paper and preheat over to 350 degrees.



* Add to a large mixing bowl and mix:

  • 4 cups flour
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 1/3 cups instant potato flakes
  • 8 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt




* In a separate bowl, beat four eggs. 


* Add and mix completely:
  • 4 cups of buttermilk
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla
  • 10 tablespoons melted butter




* Add wet ingredients to try ingredients and stir. Do not over stir. There will be some lumps. Just make sure it is combined well. 




* Carefully pour combined mixture over buttered parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven.


* Insert a knife into the middle, if the knife comes out clean, bake is done. Serve warm. 



Do you have any tips for simplifying breakfast in your home? If you do, comment below.  We would love to hear! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment